Thursday, September 13, 2018

Bonus Post - Rainbow call for entries

This is just a rough draft.
The final will be posted once it is completed.
I'm really tempted to actually mail something like this to her at her address.
Today's regular post is right below this post.

This rough draft is for, Rainbow Penley, my son's girlfriend. Her birthday is Sept 26th. I put her name on the exchange this month (at my address) so that I could surprise her with a stack of fun mail.

So far I have three very fun envelopes from exchangers. Then it occured to me that there might be people who are not exchanging in September, but who would enjoy sending a Rainbow themed envelope. I guess it would not have to be Rainbow themed. She's the daughter of hippies (obviously), has a great sense of humor, and performs in public. She sings and plays the guitar. If I had a Janis Joplin stamp left, I would definitely use it.

There will be a drawing for a door prize from all the people who send Rainbow envelopes. I do not know what the door prize is - yet. I might post a list of options. I have quite an array of random interesting items. Or should we let Rainbow choose her favorite? Let me know which way to go with the door prize.

Your envelope must arrive by Sept 26th to be eligible for the door prize.
Late envelopes will receive a warm welcome - but no prize.
Here is the address if you decide to participate:

Rainbow Penley
420  44th Street
Des Moines, Iowa 50312

OK. Back to your regular post.

3 comments:

  1. Is Rainbow her first name and Penley her last?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just looked to see if any famous people share Sept 26th as a birthday and found Johnny Appleseed. I probably don't have any more of those stamps...dang.

      Delete