Saturday, September 29, 2018

Bonus Post - Potholder Update + Rainbow Update

Today's post is right below.

An older piece from Diane Savona - Domestic Armor.
Read all about it and surf through her site if you are interested in very interesting textile art.

Diane Savona

Rainbow's birthday envelopes will pop up on Sundays, until mid December when there will be a whole slew of them.

Below is the envelope my son made for Rainbow. He stopped over to find a gift bag and tissue paper. He handed me the envelope for the card and then said, "Oh, I guess I should do it myself to make it more personal." I pulled out some markers and he was cringing at each letter he made. I had shown him some of the ones that had arrived from my pen pals. He said, "Oh, geesh, this looks like a 3rd grader's writing." I assured him it was just fine although he knows I took a picture of it to put on the blog to elicit chuckles.

But the envelope is nothing compared to the photo from the birthday party. He has long hair because he cooks at a restaurant, has no time to get haircuts, and finds it easier to keep his hair tied up while working. After hours - people (girls) sometimes like to braid his hair. And Wednesday night, someone realized that he looks just like Laura Ingalls Wilder/Melissa Gilbert. I need to take him down to our log cabin historical site and get a shot with better lighting and a log cabin in the background.  Plus, his hair is very close to hers in color.


1 comment: