I loved the envelope that Kate sent in June and felt bad that this is what she received in the exchange. I had a card that went inside - and I guess it was more than an ounce so I had to add the school bus. The silly little stickers were left over from the Monster stamps. I made the mistake of taking it in to a post office and handed it to a clerk who I have met up with previously. She seems like she is trying to do a good job - but she also seems like she doesn't really understand what's going on.
Here is a post office story. My son was out doing whatever he does for the USPS at the post office in Leon, Iowa - and heard a sad little kitten meowing. He fed it and then it looked pathetic so he brought it to a vet in Des Moines - and now it's at the place that cares for stray kittens before putting them up for adoption....and he can have it if he wants it. Since he had a cat that died - he's been wanting another one....so.... I thought I would illustrate the story with a photo of the Leon, Iowa post office - and I think I already featured it in a blog post. It was built in 1936 and still has an original WPA mural. I think WPA is the right name - I'm too lazy to research.
***There is a correction that will be posted on Wed, July 15th. It was TRAP, not WPA.
The study is tempera paint on panel and it is at the Smithsonian.
If you look at the details - the study is so much better.
I wonder if the person who did the study did the actual painting.
It looks like they sent someone else to paint the mural.
Or - perhaps the person who did the study wasn't skilled at transferring a study onto a wall.
No comments:
Post a Comment