Sunday, July 19, 2026

June from Irene. What those two people were staring at

 


Irene sent a suggestion to smile. Done. It came in an envelope with a pretty script name and a rainbow background. She left a tiny bit of white space around the name. Put a pin in that - as we will be seeing another example of that technique.


I'm filling in add-ons while I am in Chicago. I'm also sifting through the stack of stuff that caught my eye and seemed blog worthy. Of course, I lose track of what I post - so hopefully this is not a repeat. 

It's a painting that shows what the subjects of famous paintings were looking at. To me, it is a very clever concept. It's silly. But I'm a fan of silly. Not all day every day - just enough here and there to offset the things that frazzle us. 

@tussenkunstenquarantaine

It seems like the artist is continuing with the trend that started during covid when people were reenacting paintings. It's fun. to recall how creative people were when they had to cope with a huge problem that impacted everyone. As bad as it was, there were a few things that were like silver linings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment