Saturday, August 3, 2019

Valentines in August from Leslie



We've all heard of Christmas in July, so how about Valentines in August. Leslie did a fun take on the J Giles band song. I do not usually post the notes I find inside envelopes but Leslie brings up the possibility of the blog fading away when I fade away. So - anyone who wants to apply to be my successor, drop me a line. It's easy. And fun. I can give you the password and you can start posting.

I was reading about the Hobo Festival in Britt, Iowa. It is a big yearly event. The article told about the changes to the hobo life that have occured over the years. As everyone knows, hobos have their own set of symbols and lingo. One expression that might become my preferred euphemism for death is the one hobo's use:
Took the westbound.

I love it -
reminds me of:

riding off into the sunset
going to that great scriptorium in the sky
take a dirt nap
fall off my perch

What are your favorites?



2 comments:

  1. my faves r: when we transition, leave this human suit behind, depart 2 other realms, travel 2 the hereafter....

    ReplyDelete
  2. also. when i transcend, get outta dodge

    ReplyDelete