Sunday, May 12, 2019

Mar PTEX - Ab-Ex Stamps to RachaelT, Heidi, and Carroll

My favorite stamps of the Abstract Expressionist series.

I was not originally going to do a drip design - but - as luck would have it, a big blob of ink dropped in a pleasing place - so I added some more. I do not even recall which one was the original one.


Here are the rest.
Copperplate is the worst possible choice to use with these stamps.
What was I thinking?
Clearly, I was in a pseudo-psychotic state as I was saying my goodbyes to my favorite stamps. My emotional connection with them had a lot to do with the fact that they were the stamps I used on the save the dates for my daughter's wedding....that was huge.
The amount of mail that sent out to her guests was one of the best parts of the whole wedding. As I always remind people -- the bride and groom do not really need 100% of the attention. Focusing a bit on your guests is appropriate. So many guests sought me out at the wedding and gushed over the mail they had been receiving. We did one extra mailing - the week before the wedding that simply said:
See U soon. I really do need to get all the mailings posted somewhere....



1 comment:

  1. I think the first line of the second block of text should be ". . . going to DO a drip . . ."

    ReplyDelete