Friday, May 3, 2019

Jan PTEX - ORPHANS

If the plan is to post every single envelope that I receive then I need to have one more post for the orphans. Now I have to obsess over when to post the orphans. They could go in a bonus post.

Long story short - I am ditching the plan to fit specific monthly exchanges into specific monthly posts. It was an arbitrary idea and it serves no purpose.

Plus - there are times when I have to bump things around. So the new plan is to continue alternating (daily) my envelopes with received exchanged envelopes. The pictured envelope is from CarolynC not to be confused with CarolynE.

Carolyn E is not an exchanger but she does have a few envelopes on the blog. She was in Des Moines recently and gave me a sheet of the 34-cent illustrator stamps because she had read (on the blog) about how much I loved those stamps. She had missed the other detail about vintage stamps about how they fluster me because I can never find good matching stamps to add up to 55-cents.

As luck would have it, there is a store here in Des Moines that sells vintage stamps. The BHB was with me on an errand and I kidnapped him - and went to the store. He was not eager to sift through the giant tub of stamps with me -- but eventually figured that if he helped, we'd get out of there faster. The stack of stamps was about 6-inches tall. There were tons of repeats and it was not looking good -- but finally - 4th sheet from the bottom, there was one lonely sheet of the illustrator stamps.

Yippee. It will be so much fun to put doubles of these stamps on envelopes. If you are reading this CarolynE -- tell me which stamp is your favorite and I will send you a thank you with your favorite. If anyone else of my *old faithful's* has a favorite on this sheet -- let me know and I'll do an envelope to you using your favorite. How can you tell if you are an old faithful? You participate in more than 6 exchanges per year.

And---- you need to send me the request BY SNAIL MAIL in the May exchange.


No comments:

Post a Comment