Sunday, July 23, 2023

From Janet in May


 This is a very fun idea to go with the skateboard stamp. The shape of the envelope and the color is a really good combination because it repeats the long horizontal shape and color on the stamp. Using the design on the skateboard to decorate the letters - perfect. Janet does it again -- and thank you to Janet and all the other people who send me an envelope even when I am not on the list. For May, I put my grandkids on the exchange list - and my plan was to go to the mailbox each day - and exclaim - Oh, wow, look at this - mail for Alex and Ben. Good idea, Nanna - for the grandkids to get at least 10 letters while they were visiting. Having them sent in May - and ready to go in June -- doesn't seem complicated.

No surprise - there was a tsunami of unexpected events and changes of scheduling and even though the grandkids did get to come to Iowa for an abbreviated visit - Nanna was too distracted - and completely forgot about the stack of mail. So - plan B - I am sending a few that fit in larger envelopes - which they will enjoy - and then when I go for the annual July trip - while the parents get to spend some time with other adults at a beach -- I will take the mail - and distribute it while I am there.

Silver lining to all the chaos - will be discussed tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment