Thursday, November 15, 2018

Ruth's Design - Ellen's B'day

IF you read closely, you will see that the word CELEBRAT - was missing an E. This design is blatant pira-tactical piracy of Iowa City Ruth's work. (Piraticious?) She makes fabulous envelopes and I saw this idea on one she did for her daughter. I believe she gave me permission to steal it. Rip-off. That's the word I couldn't think of. Yes, steal would have worked, but I have forgotten how to conjugate steal or maybe I know the word is stolen, but it sounds funny.

Below is an earlier attempt where I messed up and did not have enough room for the e in celebrate. I figured I could make it come out right the next time I did it - and then copied it too carefully - and copied the mistake. This was 5 minutes after the curse-inducing debacle posted yesterday.

There were several ways to tuck an E in - but I thought what the hay - - - you made the mistake A.G.A.I.N. so why not feature it. After I put in the big E - I realized that it would no longer work for the intended recipient - but - as luck would have it, I know an E-person with a birthday in November. Now, the trick will be remembering where the envelope is and mailing it on the appropriate day.

Here is the sample that led me astray.

No comments:

Post a Comment