Sunday, August 5, 2018

Tensing Up

I'm not going to out the person who wrote this. First, I love the J.

Second, I am amused at the categorization of people as *ordinary* and the implied - not ordinary. I suppose we could say - extraordinary. But, I would not put me into the extraordinary category - unless we were talking about something like procrastination - and even there - I am just middle of the road. But, I will take it as a compliment that I have been designated - other than ordinary. As a youngster, I know that I wanted to be something other than ordinary. Lately - I have been longing for ordinary. It seems like a less complicated place.

Remember one of my favorite quotes: Comparison is the the thief of joy.
There really isn't any point in comparing - and yet, I do it all the time - and I, too, tense up when I am making envelopes for people who I believe are ahead of me on the skill-curve. I also tense up when I know that some people put in an insane amount of work on their envelopes. I think they deserve better than my quickly done offering.

By now, you'd think I would have an easy answer to the phenomenon of tensing up -  but I do not. Maybe if we find comfort in knowing we are all in the same boat we can just loosen up.

If you spend a lot of time on envelopes that you send to me and are then disappointed because what I do looks like it was tossed off in two minutes - I'm sorry. I just can't spend the amount of time that I would like to spend on my mailings.

So maybe we can all take a vow of non-comparison and just envelope ourselves in the joy of the process, ignoring the content. It's not the content, it's the process. That would be number two on my list of top 12 quotes. I think I am going to make a calendar with my 12 favorite quotes. My intuition tells me that it might end up being a daily desk calendar with 365(366) quotes. We'll see. The thought that I would complete a project is laughable.
On Pinterest, I searched *decorated envelope* to see what would pop up . This was no. 6. There were two ahead of this one that were from my blog - but sent to me, not done by me.

white gel pen and colored pencils on this teal envelope.  Mail Art  #mailart #snailmail #happymail
Then, when I searched *mail art* this is the first envelope of mine that showed up today. I had to scroll quite a ways to get to one of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment