Thursday, February 22, 2018

To Connie - Odd Snow - Links to Famous Scribes

This is a mishmash.

The snow should have been up in the air.

The mounds of snow on the ground should not have been black.

I must have put this inside another envelope....

I do like the little houses....
and would like to do some better versions of this. And I like the border.

I'm 99% sure this idea came off Pinterest.

******

On Monday I had a story about my brush with a famous calligrapher. Here is another one. At one of the Ohio conferences, there was some confusion about where exactly breakfast was being served. I had driven to one location. Famous Jean Larcher and famous Denis Brown were standing there looking annoyed because they had walked a fair distance. I said, "I have my car here and would be happy to give you a ride." They were happy to pile into my car. Denis had a girl friend along. They were in the back seat. There I was, Jean Larcher riding shotgun. I still get all twitter-pated thinking about it. I couldn't engage in any conversation. I was nervous about making some really dumb driving error.

In case you are new to calligraphy, you should know that most of the rock stars teach and it's pretty easy to spend a week in a class with them. Denis turns 50 this year - so he will be around for a while. He also has online classes. Sadly, Jean passed away in 2015. But there is still a ton of great work on the internet and I have an envelope addressed by him.

Jean Larcher

Denis Brown

Oh.Wow.
I had not surfed around Denis's site for a while.
There is a section about a book project that he was involved in - and the book sold for $1-million dollars. I don't know what kind of dollars....but I'm thinking it wasn't Monopoly money.

The Great Book of Ireland

No comments:

Post a Comment