Friday, March 22, 2024

FEB to Amy and Carolyn




Happy Birthday to the BigHelpfulBrother. He's 75 today. Neither of us can wrap our heads around this decade. He and his wife have moved into a retirement community that has some pretty interesting things going on. I was visiting one day and saw a stack of envelopes - 3 packs of 50. I've officially retired from addressing envelopes for clients - but I figured that it wouldn't hurt to ask if they would like me to address the envelopes for them. They were for an event for the residents - to be hand delivered - so they only needed names - no addresses. And since the envelopes were an aqua/tealish color - I thought they'd look really nice addressed in white.

It was not a tight deadline - so I thought it would be a good test of my skills - to find out if I was still able to address 130 envelopes. And here's the part where things could have gone off the rails. I decided to address them using nibs and gouache. I pulled out the gouache and found a big chunky broad edge nib. I figured a bold name would look best since there was no address.

I had some brand new Tape nibs and I don't remember where the Mitchell's are - so I did some practice with the Tape nib and it was fun - so I started on the envelopes. 

Can you hear the ominous music in the background........

 

No comments:

Post a Comment