Saturday, March 30, 2024

FEB from Amy - Playland Amusement Park

Correction on the Thursday post - JeanR used watercolor on her envelope, not colored pencil. 
She wisely uses very nice paper for her artwork/mailings.


Amy did a pencil sketch on her envelope which is good idea. As I ponder ways to use up all my art supplies - I know there are plenty of pencils and graphite. If my common sense ever kicks in, I will donate the pencils to someone who will use them because I really can't stand the way graphite is prone to smudging. If I know that - why do I keep them around? Grrrr

***
A week or two ago when I was reminiscing about the Westchester airport I Googled it to see how accurate my memory was. Then I *surfed* around the neighborhood and found Playland Amusement Park. While I'm not a huge fan of amusement parks in general - I do enjoy the part where you take kids and they are exhausted by the end of the day.

IMHO, it's nice that some of the old vintage amusement parks have been maintained and was delighted to find this one in Rye, NY. It's really beautiful. According to the website, admission is free if you live in Westchester County. That's a pretty fun perk.


Photo credit Keith Michael NYC

Here is a link to all the rides if you happen to be someone who loves to reminisce about vintage amusement parks. I wonder if our Westchester scribe friends ever go. Maybe we'll get a field report.



No comments:

Post a Comment