Saturday, September 16, 2023

To Kristine in August


After I put my gouache away - I did this one - with markers - and it is a lot like the ones I ran yesterday - but instead of writing ghost letters - I just wrote them. I actually like this one - but - flowers are so hard to mess up.

Then - I was looking back - way back - on the blog - and found this:


And then I lost the date on when this one appeared - so I can't go back and see if this was a whole series. But it looks somewhat like the style that Rachael had plunked between two lines. So - we'll never be able to discover the origins of all the styles that inspire us.

There was some more jabbering here - but it has been deleted. I can tell that August was not a good time to be writing blurbs. September seems to be a calmer time. Or are we veering into boredom? 

***
As I re-read this a day or two before it pops up - I can foreshadow what people will be getting from me in September. Flowers. I did half the envelopes in one sitting - then time was flying - and I needed to crank out the rest of them - so I did flowers. Just simple marker flowers. Nothing spectacular - but I had fun.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment