Tuesday, November 28, 2017

WIP to Susan - Test Pattern

New idea. Since so many of my envelopes go through different stages and layers, it might be interesting to post them as they progress.

This one started when I needed to test a bunch of markers to find the ones that were still juicy. So the colors are completely random.

At this point I actually like it and would be happy to send it along. The address would go in the space at the bottom.

Next step will be to ponder stamps. Since it is square I think I need 70-cents. The PO keeps changing the rates so it is difficult for me to remember. If I had any sense, I would post the rates on a a Post-It on the front of my computer. Or is that method of keeping important info in front of me out-of-control? Should I post a photo of the front of my computer? I'll tell you right now, there have been some pretty embarrassing notes. This one is now tucked in the top drawer and I still need to check it from time to time.

Louisiana
Connecticut
Massachusetts
Tennesseee

Those are the four states that may or may not have double letters - after having the note out in the open for 15 years, I almost have them memorized - but I still check myself from time to time.

2 comments:

  1. Louisiana is not a double. I hope this is my envelope. Smash also responds to Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Jean, still unable to post comments on my blog. I know Louisiana has no doubles. I have always struggled with when to double and when not to double. I have no trouble with the double n in Connecticut. But I always want to double the t at the end the way Massachusetts has a double t. So this list is to remind me of the four that I have trouble with and that they are, no double, one double, two doubles and three doubles. If I visualize the list it helps me remember which is which.

    ReplyDelete