Thursday, November 30, 2017

My Tea Set - off topic

I get so mushy when I see this box. There is no date on it, but I received it as a gift when I was 3 or 4. Probably 4. I demanded to learn cursive before I was in kindergarten. From a very early age, the alphabet fascinated me.

When my granddaughter was visiting in October, a month before her 4th birthday, I pulled this out for her to play with. The box is more of a keepsake than the tea set.

It was fun photographing it and I took one photo to use as the base for an envelope. The close up of the lid shows how I was trying to add a fancy swash to the end of my name. I can't imagine why I would have done that. Maybe I had seen swashes in ads in magazines or on logos. The world is full of alphabets and design. Some little kids are noticing those details. Other kids are noticing other things. I wish we had a wide range of school options so that kids could hone in on the very specific details that fascinated them at an early age. It saddens me that so much of our education is cookie-cutter.


I'll print this on a regular paper and turn it into an envelope.

No comments:

Post a Comment