Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Susan Branch - somewhat off topic

Back in July, I saw this blog post by Susan Branch. I have always admired her style. The link has a really long post about Beatrix Potter - full of links to learn more about Beatrix.

http://www.susanbranch.com/2017/07/beatrix-potters-birthday-picnic-in-england/

Susan has announced a gathering -in England- in May, 2018 - to visit Beatrix Potter's home. Hopefully one of my readers will go on the trip and send me a postcard.

I need to make a map inspired by this....maybe I can think of a place to have a picnic...and invite all y'all.
How about the Holiday Inn at O'Hare. Pretty much every place on earth can get a direct flight to O'Hare.

Below is a tidbit from the blog post. Please note that she assumes that only her *girlfriends* will show up. I'm going to go buy a lottery ticket and if I win, I am going to book the trip for Finnbadger and Eric. I really want them crash the party. I know they will behave. Heck --- if I win the lottery, I might even attend. Finn and Eric, please pencil in the date...in cases I do win the lottery.

We’re having our BYO Picnic Basket Party right here, next May 11, at Castle Cottage, where Beatrix Potter (Mrs. Heelis) and her husband William lived for 30 years! Just in front of the house, across Post Office Meadow (which will be filled with frolicking lambikins in May), is the gate to Hill Top in Near Sawrey, heavenly Lake District, beloved home of Beatrix Potter!!! That’s where we’re going, Girlfriends!

5 comments:

  1. I love Susan! Hard to believe, but she is even nicer in person than you would guess from her blog. I am dreaming about going to this girlfriends' gathering. If I plann it right, I could be in Ireland then, and it is only a puddle jump from there. We shall see, so many dreams. If your interested, you can see a picture of me and Fi with Susan on my blog. Your envelope is in the mail this morning...slow and steady wins the race.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. what is the date of the blog post that includes the picture of you and susan?

      Delete
  2. Wouldn't that be wonderful to go to the meet-up in May 2018?

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is fantastic - keep us posted - i've never had a *guest blogger* - so you could be first

    ReplyDelete
  4. My post with Susan was June 13, 2017. The title was T with Susan Branch. Wishing you a happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete