Saturday, March 4, 2017

First hit on Pinterest when you search *Mail Art*

I thought it would be fun to see what popped up when I did a search for mail art on Pinterest. This was the very first item:


It is from my blog. Then I wondered how many envelopes from my reader/exchangers would pop up before one of mine did.
The next one was this one - and I did not post who it was from - one of my Candian penpals. I'll try to find it so I can give credit. Or maybe the artist will leave a comment.

Then this one from Christy.
pushing the envelopes:
And finally one of mine.

white gel pen and colored pencils on this teal envelope.  Mail Art  <a class="pintag searchlink" data-query="%23mailart" data-type="hashtag" href="/search/?q=%23mailart&rs=hashtag" rel="nofollow" title="#mailart search Pinterest">#mailart</a> <a class="pintag searchlink" data-query="%23snailmail" data-type="hashtag" href="/search/?q=%23snailmail&rs=hashtag" rel="nofollow" title="#snailmail search Pinterest">#snailmail</a> <a class="pintag searchlink" data-query="%23happymail" data-type="hashtag" href="/search/?q=%23happymail&rs=hashtag" rel="nofollow" title="#happymail search Pinterest">#happymail</a>

It's fun to see which envelopes get pinned the most. I see these 4 frequently.
I did some checking to see if I can get the stats on particular pins - and I think I can if I convert my account to a business account. I think I will do that. [I wrote this blogpost several weeks ago. Since then I have converted to the business account and can keep tabs on my most pinned envelopes. I have some kind of tabulation gene. There will be mindless chatter about popular envelopes in future posts.]

I am also pondering Vlogging. I did not even know what it was. But, I am intrigued. It's where you post videos. I could post tutorials on how to use your markers, Rehj. Something else to research.... 

Today is the deadline to sign up for the March exchange.
You may see details about how to sign up on the March 1 blog post.

3 comments:

  1. Vlogging tutorials would be great! I'm still out here, just really busy - still remodeling and moving. Hope to be back to the exchanges soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi - I did the envelope with the zentangles. I'm actually not Canadian. I'm from St. Louis. You complimented on the design but didn't like the stamp (I'm no stamp collector, though).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't imagine why I thought it was a Canadian stamp. It clearly has the stars and stripes...thanks for leaving a comment.

    ReplyDelete