Sunday, February 12, 2017

Guest artist - Nancy Dickson

Nancy is an exchanger and included this photo when she signed up for the September exchange. I met Nancy through an art class. This is what she said about the cool numbers:

"I'm addicted to making envelopes now and MORE. I had a 50th high school class reunion this summer. I made a picture of our graduation year out of twigs and sticks, photographed it, had it printed at Staples into a poster. We had it over the fireplace in the dining room of the cottage where we held the reunion. It was a big hit!  So...taking one class with you has yielded hours of contented time playing with pens, markers, envelopes and my beloved watercolors."

It makes me so happy to get people hooked on healthy addictions. Thanks for sending this Nancy and I hope it was OK to repost. I could have asked permission, but I thought it would be more fun for you to get a spot as a guest artist. Hopefully it will inspire others to send me pictures of things they have made - beyond envelopes - that utilize their lettering skills.

1 comment:

  1. I am so surprised and delighted! I'm actually a bit speechless. Of course it was okay to post. Doing art is rewarding for me and seems to fulfill an almost basic need. But then, when someone likes what I did, it is the icing on the cake! Thanks for your inspiration, Jean!

    ReplyDelete