Saturday, January 4, 2014

handheld postal scale

this is a very handy tool for weighing envelopes and knowing if they are 1, 2, 3, up to 4 ounces. they are very accurate. i wish i had a photo showing how easy they are to use. you clip the envelope at the top, using the clip that is at the top right of the photo. then you slip the ring (at top-left on your finger and the little needle that is pointing at the scale will tell you if the envelope is over or under an ounce. in the photo is is just less than one ounce. they sell them online. i used to find them at the office supply stores. they were behind the counter and if i ever saw anyone buying one (other than myself) they looked like people who might be weighing small amounts of other substances. my local office supply store said they no longer carry them because they did not care for the customers who were buying them. so, you can get one online....google...handheld postal scale and you will find them on ebay and amazon and other places as well.

4 comments:

  1. I thought I was the only one who knew about these fun little scales. I have one I purchased 28 years ago in Japan. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just checked Amazon and they are only about $3.35 AND free shipping! of course I ordered!! Thanks for the heads up Jean!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the "heads up" on the postal scale. I just ordered one from Amazon too! Shame you can't get a commission!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hand held postage scale are widely use in courier industry. Similarly online postage stamps from howtoprintpostage. com is also gaining popularity due to its convenience, many people find this to be incredibly useful.

    ReplyDelete