Wednesday, December 13, 2023

From Leslie in Oct - biters

This is a handmade envelope from Leslie. She did something very smart - to accommodate the fragility of the paper which had some texture and loose fibers. She adhered it to a piece of card stock that is the size of the envelope. The 4 fold over parts are just the paper. It worked very well - and I hope I can remember to use the idea. She enclosed a note saying that she is not a *goth fan* but thought that style went with the paper. It does - nice and spooky - I can see myself riffing on this next year.

The card inside did not photograph well at all - there were sparkles and some tone on tone action.



***
Back in November I wrote some stuff about my family that struck me as a little odd when I was reviewing it right before it popped up. I edit posts a day or two before they appear and sometimes delete things that are too far *out there.* Talking about my kid that was a biter was something that I wasn't sure needed to be talked about. Then I decided to leave it in and come back to the topic of biters - because I knew that I had a dozen posts to fill up.

If you have a toddler, either your own or a grandchild, who starts biting - pay close attention to how they are doing with their efforts to talk. I observed that after he tried to say something 3 or 4 times, and I couldn't understand him, he would suddenly just bite. At the time, I didn't think about the problem being that he was frustrated because he could not get his words out in a way that people could understand. All I wanted to do was stop the biting. 

So, if you have a biter -- it might be something other than just the typical toddler orneriness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment