Tuesday, December 5, 2023

MishMash - Sharyn's example - USPS people


This is from Sharyn Sowell's IG. Her version of MishMash has only romans and no script. She goes very light on the flourishes. Her guidelines are not exactly wavy - it's more like they are non-existent. It's like she just wrote it by eye-balling the lines. Since this is not an envelope - we can't take the comparison too far. That looks like a Nikko G nib - which is the type I use most of the time. They are pretty stiff - so IMHO they would be ideal for this type of writing where you want a slight variation in the thicks and thins. You do not need to use nibs and ink. I mostly use markers of various sizes.

Here are some envelopes to look at today - If I do any more MishMash, I will replace these. They were done for the postal workers at my son's station. I blocked their last names. I love the little Zippy guy. They were hand delivered - so the stamps are either used or pictures of the stamps.



SHOUT OUT to Paula and the Hudson NH station. I was delighted to get a Thanksgiving greeting from Paula and find out that she still checks the blog. I was tempted to photograph it and replace this photo - but switching photos is something I have vowed to stop doing because it was the source of so much confusion. That book about changing habits is actually working.

 

1 comment: