Monday, December 4, 2023

4 MishMash envelopes - from me in June(?)


Here are 4 envelopes that I might have sent out in June - and I can't see that they have been posted - apologies if they are repeats. 

Rachael's original MishMash envelope did not have straight lines. They were wavy - and I think I like wavy better - but I think it is helpful to start out writing between even lines. As I loosened up - Mary's needed some variation in size to make things fit - and those types of variations add a lot - as long as they are well planned.


I added colored pencil on Chuck's to enhance the coordination with the stamp. They would have been fine without any color. Next - look at the thicker thicks on Mary's. I do think that they look better when they have some stronger contrast - but the lighter weight on Chuck's doesn't really bother me. 


Between Mary and Lynne - Mary's is much better. I probably didn't do Lynne's in pencil 5 or 6 times to work out a pleasing design.  I deeply regret the spacing between the O and N on Mary's. Lynne's LI in her last name is clumsy. Double letters can be hard - or they can offer something spectacular. I could have done a much better LY - The L should have been straight. 

Clearly we are not coming up with any specific tips on how to fit things together. It might be a bunch of trial and error.


I know I did these before I ever sat down and tried to do an exemplar for MishMash - so - they reflect the need for more variation. Somehow you need a reminder of all your options to refer to. I'm not sure what that exemplar would look like. All I know is that it's really hard to keep all the variations in mind at the same time.

 Rachael: you are welcome to add to the conversation if you have a different approach to this style.

I had hoped to do more than this - but - there were all kinds of things happening that could not be ignored - so this is all we get for the MishMash tutorial. If there is some *popular demand* I will try to do a better exemplar - s.o.m.e.d.a.y.







 

No comments:

Post a Comment