Saturday, December 16, 2023

Dec 16 From Lynne in October - Christoph No. 3


I sure hope I remember to come back and steal this pumpkin next year. Or maybe I should start working on some valentine mail. Short and sweet comments will be coming with the rest of the October exchange envelopes because I have 5 to fill - and my new method of meeting deadlines is to tell myself I have to fill up the rest of the posts before I get my breakfast.

***
Christoph Niemann 3:

Deliberately ruin a drawing. This is a liberating (and incredibly difficult) exercise. Make a drawing using your usual tools, then step on the gas and drive it into a wall at full speed. Make it pompously, unapologetically, irrevocably ugly and wrong.


Jean's comment: OK, he is talking about drawings - and envelopes are a little different. I actually do this from time to time and I gotta say - sometimes it really, really, really works. For me - it's all about whether I want to waste an envelope. And for sure - I don't do this exercise if the stamp is on the envelope.

Remember - you can work out a lot of your ideas on plain paper before you do the envelope.

No comments:

Post a Comment