Thursday, December 14, 2023

From Christy - cupcake in Oct - Christoph No. 1


I'm pretty sure this was the first envelope from Christy - and I'm pretty sure she signed up for the Nov exchange, too. I like the way she layered the Jean-on-Jean. I've only layered first names on top of last names or vice versa. It's always fun when a first timer can send me an idea that I am wildly excited to steal. Thank you to the USPS for the wavy lines at the bottom - they really add to the composition.

***
I have 10 ideas from Christoph Niemann. Feel free to Google him - not only is he prolific with his work - he's one of those artists who can put things into words beautifully. He says the same things I say - but he says them with more finesse - so, I'll share them - and give him credit - for the next 10 days. Then we'll go back to random and wacky.

The only relevant artistic talent is the ability to deal with frustration.


Jean's comment: I talk about frustration all the time - but forget to point out that dealing with frustration is the whole point. If you just want to *have fun and be happy 100% of the time* - you are a dreamer - with respect to making things. Every.Single.Person who excels at something will tell you that there was a learning curve (often a difficult and frustrating one) and there is no end to the learning process - so accept the challenges and frustrations as an important part of the process.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment