Saturday, January 27, 2024

Nov - From Maggie - Ogden Nash

 

Here is a series of workshops to look at. I have not looked at them - just posting them promptly so that I don't forget.



Maggie revisited a technique that she recalled from her early years - leaf printing. The colors go very nicely with the stamp as well as the season. I'm writing this on the day after Thanksgiving. 

Not chatty. But - very appreciative of pretty mail.

***

A couple days ago - when I was looking for a word to describe a image that was a *mind-sticker* I thought of something else

Is there a word for the situation where you can't remember something and it is driving you crazy?
And it's not the simple *I can't recall* - it's the ones that are going to drive you crazy until you remember.
There is a story by (?) about a person who is up very late and can't remember the name of the town in NJ that is two words, Eventually, it drives him so crazy he wakes up the other people in the house - pestering them - until someone finally says: Perth Amboy. If you ever read the story - it will haunt you - because every once in a while you remember the story - but you can't remember the name of the town that was driving him crazy - and then it drives you crazy.

Now, I am driving myself crazy trying to remember the author.
Whew - I think it is Ogden Nash.
I loved the Ogden Nash stamp.

I'm too lazy to research and confirm that it's Ogden Nash.
But not too lazy to find the stamp.

Light Verse and Cartoons

OK - I resolved my laziness - and found a delightful article about all kinds of funny stories including the Perth Amboy story - and it sounds like Bill Bryson is just a newer version of Ogden Nash....I wonder if Bill ever mentions being inspired by Ogden - his book The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid certainly sound like an homage to Ogden.


No comments:

Post a Comment