Saturday, April 28, 2018

Taco John Placemat to Finnbadger

It was surprising to me when I did a search on the blog for Taco John's that there are only 4 posts about Taco John's. I feel like I talk about my TJ habit all the time. This envelope is waiting for the address and stamp.  It was made from a placemat and is folded neatly and inserted into a vellum envelope.

Below are three photos showing the placemat, the first fold and the final fold. I was going to glue the folds and make the placemat into the actual envelope, but, it was looking so close to an A6 that I just couldn't resist the temptation to check and see if it actually was. I had to make a half inch tuck to make it fit perfectly. Since I had done a fair amount of digging to find the envelope, it was going to take too much time to put it back, so I'm using it.

The idea that may be of interest to people who like to make their own envelopes out of found items is that paper placemats are a nice size. Plus, if you are eating alone, it gives you something to do. Everyone else will be glued to their phones. It's nice to have an alternative to the phone.

Final envelope at the very end. Great stamps. I will miss them. But, the hoard reduction generates a fair amount of brain-calm.

The full placemat
The placemat folded in half. You can see the extra tuck that was needed to make it fit the envelope
Final fold where it could have been glued and made into an actual envelope.


1 comment: