Thursday, July 21, 2011

my first signature


yup. the very first time i ever wrote my name. and my mom saved the piece of paper. i don't think i have posted this before. if i have, i will put up another envelope later today, when i see this. (i am actually writing this on 7-7)

the JEAN at the top is my mom's writing. then i have my problems getting the J to go the right direction. at the end, i give myself a happy face. mom gets a big happy face for saving this piece of paper and dating it so that when people ask....how long have you been doing calligraphy, i can say...i started on jan 19, 1955

2 comments:

  1. some sources say john hancock's birthday is jan 12, other say it is jan 23. jan 17 is halfway between the two dates. http://www.prweb.com/releases/nationalhandwritingweek/johnhancock/prweb1857154.htm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i think the difference in dates had to do with some changing of the calendar. many historical topics fade out of my memory.

      Delete