Saturday, July 10, 2010

stubble


nice stamp, post office people. we like the pretty ones, but we need some manly ones, too. this one is to honor my son who was born 26 years ago today. his stubble is blond, so you can hardly see it. he mentioned one time that his disposable razor had lasted about two years. i didn't have the heart to tell him that his razor wasn't exactly working, but that it was hard to see the blond beard. i don't think he knows about this blog. or maybe he does. i wonder if this will draw a comment out of him. lol. he's a man of few words.

2 comments:

  1. if you click on the envelope and see it enlarged, you can see that i penciled in helmets on some of the letters. i decided not to do them. also, the c, touching the k turns into a d and the right side of the k becomes a c. not good. anyone starting out with this kind of lettering needs to look at how the letters can morph into other letters. any name starting with Li is often turned into U if you aren't careful to leave the right amount of space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One thing I always remember: your son and my husband share a birthday. I can't thank you enough for today's post - I had forgotten Pete's birthday entirely. . . and would have continued to do so if I had not read your blog this morning. Now I can pretend like I just suddenly remembered! Thanks, Jean!!

    ReplyDelete