Monday, September 9, 2024

August to Cathy, Christy, Leslie & Mia - yawning


Below is the inspiration envelope that I posted in December of 2014. It is from Alyce. I need to email Alyce and find out how she is doing. If you want to see how much I have deteriorated, you can go to the post via the link I have provided. I used to have all kinds of things to say about design. Maybe I feel like I am being redundant after so many years of saying the same things. It's not like anyone is going to come up with new elements and principles of design. Maybe once in a while - but they are like the tools in your tool box. Clearly I strayed pretty far from Alyce's design. Cathy's seems better with more curve. I'm tempted to do a few more of these and keep them closer to Alyce's.


I got a kick out of reading the comments that people left.

Alyce's bold black on the name is better - but I'm not sure it would have been better with longer names.


Leslie's - with a larger name is better - but it might have looked better to pick up the blue in the stamp.
I can live with the *Leslie* because the shapes refer to the shape of the petals. I deeply regret the way I wrote KANE. Pitiful.


Mia's might be my favorite - because it looks nice with the three stamps. I also prefer the paler pink.
It does not need a bolder name because the stamps take up so much space.


It's a steal worthy idea - maybe someone will do one on an exchange envelope to me.


***

I found a second folder with random items I had bookmarked to maybe add to the blog. Here's a short video with yawning (1 minute and 27 seconds) The babies are great - then the older people are less interesting, but the animals at the end are wonderful - and the punchline is cool.

LINK to yawning video

No comments:

Post a Comment