Wednesday, September 18, 2024

Aug from Jessica - Landsat


This one, from Jessica, reminds me of the sun. I know that Jessica has a son who is elementary school aged. I wonder if he is into NASA stuff. Or maybe just bird's eye views of the earth. I sent the link below to my grandson and am waiting to hear what he thinks. I wrote the blurb below before I added the envelope so it reflects that at first I did not notice that this was a NASA website and veered off into one of my sci-fi daydreams.


 ***


This is a fun way to spell out names or words. You type the letters in and they are magically converted into images taken from Landsat. I would have to spend more time at this website to find out what Landsat is. It appears to be the same as Google Earth - but maybe not. Hopefully it is not a feature on the internet set up by aliens from other planets to infiltrate our lives. Yes, I am still pondering my science fiction book where all things electronic are actually aliens from other galaxies who are behind all this very clever stuff that we keep finding.


OK - the *sat* part of Landsat is for satellite - that should have been obvious.

OK, I did click back to *Camp Landset* and it looks like a fun place for kids and adults who are curious about things related to NASA.


No comments:

Post a Comment