Tuesday, September 24, 2024

Aug from Irene - thank you stamps

If you copied down the recipe from JeanR on how to do the leaf prints - change aluminum to alum.
I corrected the post.


 Nice collaboration between USPS and Irene. Although it's not a collaboration. It is what we call an *add and pass* - there is a whole genre of mail art (or traded art that is sent in a plain envelope) where people start something and send it to the next person and that person adds something and then passes it to the next  person. There is no limit to the number of people. I wonder if anyone who exchanges would like to do an add-and-pass. Maybe I will start one and see what happens.

If you are interested in an add-and-pass - send and email - and we can start one with however many people sign up. Email me at ptenvelopes(at)aol(dot)com - and put *add-and-pass* in the subject line.

Irene enjoys zentangles - which would be good starting points for an add-and-pass.


***
I did not see this stamp on all the lists of stamps that were coming out in 2024 - it is not on the fold out chart that was included in the Philatelic magazine that the USPS publishes. 

Maybe someday I will send thank yous to the people who provide healthcare if I end up getting some. If I had time, I could scroll through the blog and give links to the numerous stories about people who received thank yous in artistic envelopes who were wildly excited. 

One favorite story is from someone who signed up for one of my 7 week classes. We covered envelopes early on - and a couple weeks later she arrived at the class and told us that she had been sending thank yous in decorated envelopes - and people were so wowed with their envelopes that they were sending thank yous to her for their thank yous. 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment