Sunday, September 15, 2024

Aug from Cathy - My co-pilot

 


This stamp was so pretty - I think there was a block of 4 that fit together. I remember using it back at the turn of the century. Cathy had a humorous comment on the back of the envelope. I do not always post the cute things that people add on the backs - but just wanted to let the others know that we're often in the same frame of mind. 



***

I warned you that I was going to be writing 15-20 posts and I have written 7 and I am exhausted. Maybe exhausted isn't the right word. Maybe I feel like writing about something other than the items I found in my folder. 

I've been meaning to mention that I have a blog co-pilot lined up. It might sound strange to be pondering what would happen with the blog and/or the exchange if something catastrophic happened to me. Recently, I was talking to someone who belonged to a group and one of the members died suddenly and unexpectedly. Since none of the members of the group had any contact with the family, they were way out of the loop of information, etc, and it was a difficult situation for them. 

It's been three years since I had my traumatic brain injury. It conveniently occurred at a time that the blog was prescheduled for a month and I was able to update my pen pals and keep things going. I have residual issues with my working memory which are manageable - but it does keep me reminded that one's life can change in an instant and without warning.

Since I value my pen pals, I would not want to leave you hanging, if something happens to me - so I have everything lined up for my co-pilot to be notified by my family to take over. I've always been the type to take steps to cover potential catastrophes - because it seems like taking the time is like an insurance policy that nothing will happen. So, I'll probably be plugging along for a while. And if something does happen, nobody will be left hanging - and wondering what happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment