Thursday, September 12, 2024

August to JeanR and Irene - Cursive

 


Here are two more Chuckerish designs. Or should that be Chuckeresque? I like how Chuck gets credit for the entire Arts and Crafts movement. There's another name used for that style and I can never remember what it is. I'm sure someone will remember and send me an email. 

I like comparing the two variations and can't say that I prefer one over the other. I'm annoyed that I forgot to add the squares to Irene's - but, I like the colors a lot. Maybe I didn't add the squares because the flowers are a bit larger and there really isn't enough space for them. I think Jean's squares should have been a little lighter. I could have lightened them with white colored pencil.



***

I apologize if this is not interesting. It's an article - How the ballpoint pen killed cursive -  from 2015 and I have no idea when I bookmarked it.

I did not re-read it when I found it in my folder of items to share on the blog. This year the Des Moines public schools are going to teach cursive again - which makes me happy. I don't put too much stock in any of the opinions about cursive. It's one of those topics that is deeply personal and there are so many different ways to teach reading and writing that cursive is bound to be controversial. Nuf said.

How the ballpoint pen killed cursive 

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/how-the-ballpoint-pen-killed-cursive?utm_source=pocket-newtab

No comments:

Post a Comment