Friday, September 13, 2024

Aug from Amy - Stitching words

 


Amy had a clever way of repeating the butterfly. The J is lovely - but to be honest - that split butterfly made me wince. Amy doesn't seem like the type to rip butterflies in half.  Then I realized that it was two butterflies in the position where the wings are folded together and the viewer sees them in profile. Whew. Crisis averted. I'm curious about the large drawing and how it evolved. It's interesting the way the butterfly morphs into a plant or maybe it's the other way around. The plant reminds me of my battle to the death with morning glory weeds. Grrrrrrrr. And then - another weed inside. I guess Amy is one of those open minded people who finds beauty in weeds. I won't hold it against her. Although, I have her address and if I am ever out her her way - I might drive by and check out her yard. 




***

From my bookmarked folder - something for those of you who are interested in stitching and/or straight-jackets.



The description raises so many questions, but time does not allow for further research into Agnes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment