Wednesday, September 4, 2024

Aug to Jessica - 2020 USPS thank you


I know I said yesterday that I was not going to do any surfing at the Cowboy Kimono website - but a USPS thank you caught my eye - so I clicked on it. It's a post from Oct 2020 - back in the olden days when we were coping with the pandemic. I say that as if 2024 is a walk in the park. Probably not - but 2020 gave us a little perspective.

Below is one of my ideas for August. I thought I did two of these - but only found one in my folder of photos. I was appropriating an idea and did not have a stamp in mind - it would have been a lot better if I had used something off the stamp instead of those little square designs. I think I added something to indicate birthday wishes. 


***

Rest in peace, Ward Dunham. 
The readers who are calligraphers will probably recognize his name. 
He was a big teddybear of a man - known for his blackletter. 
I met him at a couple conferences many years ago. 
More of his work pops up if you Google his name.














No comments:

Post a Comment