Monday, February 26, 2024

JAN versals to Patty, Paula and Juliana


I have some pages from a book that might have been a Dover book. I put the individual pages into plastic sleeves and used them in classes - and they have been lost in the stacks for a while. There was a time when I really enjoyed reproducing illuminated letters so it was interesting to try them again. My envelopes were too thin to stand up to wet media so I went with Pima Microns and ZIGs. Pigmas are actually pretty good.

The juxtaposition of Peanuts and medieval versals is silly. 


The Q I was looking at when I did Juliana's had that odd border thing going up and I wish I would have left it off.  Or better idea with my 20-20 hindsight - would have been to have it turn a corner and border the envelope.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment