Wednesday, February 21, 2024

JAN Peanuts and versals to Troy and Amy


These are literally the first two I did in January. I had taken Dec off and was excited to get back to my desk. I was going to avoid the oft-made mistake of not having particular stamps in mind. It seemed like using up the Peanuts stamps would be a good idea. As much as I love them, I didn't have any good ideas so I did the thing where you ponder - what is the least likely style to combine with Peanuts? Juxtapose the unexpected. Medieval versals seemed like a very odd combo. There will be a bunch more coming up - all I can say is that I had fun. I'm fine with how they worked out - but not wowed. These are 7th and 8th century versals. 

I also tried a different way of blocking out addresses. I copied the city/state/zip and put it over the street address. The knot-work is a lot harder than it looks and the bottom part of Amy's is messed up. If I decide to do more knot-work, I'll need to practice some more.

Troy's really grew on me. Those big dots are so contemporary. Maybe I should work on some other letters that would look like that one. My sample pages never have more than 4 or 5 letters in the same style.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment