Wednesday, February 28, 2024

JAN Rabbit stamps to Janet and Mary

Correction - yesterday I said I thought the lettering idea had come from Cathy - but it came from Rachael. I fixed the post at 3:25 pm.


 These two are the same style as the one to Cathy - and had lots more colors to work with since I had a few of last year's Year of the Rabbit to use up. I'm looking forward to some dragons for this year. This style of lettering is pretty versatile - I'll probably keep it in the stack of ideas that get to live near the top of the piles.


Real time comment: some of the blurbs on the Jan envelopes are short - and there aren't many add-ons. But, we'll just have to deal with it - because that's what we've been learning over the past several decades: not everything turns out the way we were thinking it would. Some days I'm chatty and some days I'm not.

Did I ever tell the story about picking up my first child at a little Mother's Morning Out drop off program? The kids were 2 years old - so every mom would pick up their child, literally - when the kids came running to be reunited - and then we would chit chat for a bit - while holding the toddlers. One mom picked up a little boy and asked him: Did you bite anybody?

The rest of the mom's were startled - and also speechless. The 2-year old boy could feel several sets of eyes boring a hole through him and the silence was awkward - so he shrugged and said: Sometimes I bite and sometimes I don't.

When I made that comment in the first paragraph - it unearthed the story. I just read an interesting article on memory. It's NYTimes - so it might pop up as one free article per month - otherwise it's behind a firewall. If you want to read .

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2024/02/04/magazine/charan-ranganath-interview.html?campaign_id=190&emc=edit_ufn_20240218&instance_id=115502&nl=from-the-times&regi_id=73964244&segment_id=158554&te=1&user_id=2c9533d03031c47a74b8d465fb2a92af


No comments:

Post a Comment