Tuesday, February 27, 2024

JAN Peanuts stamps to Cathy, JeanR and Kate


After I was weary from doing the medieval versals, I had 3 Peanuts stamps left and tried this style that arrived on an envelope from Rachael. It was lots of fun - although it was hard to execute using markers. 

Jean's is ho-hum - and Kate's took forever to do - and was disappointing. As I was scrutinizing the way Charles Schultz drew shoelaces, I was wishing I had just stuck with medieval versals. <sigh>

The amount of time it took to do the lettering on Jean's was absurd. I am mesmerized by outlining (on the name) but is it a good use of time? I can see how much better it is - but nobody else sees the *before*. And then each stroke on the address was a scritchy-scratchy back and forth maneuver that took so much time - and the effect isn't commensurate with the time it took.



The problem with Kate's is: the shoes are way too small. I should have made them bigger and overlapping. Grrrrr.
And some of them should have been tipped up and shown the bottom of the shoe. The success of lifting ideas off the stamp is to do it right. Don't dumb it down.
Grrrr
As a wise person once said: There's never enough time to do it right - but always time to do it over. If I happen to find another sheet of Peanut's stamps - I might. buy them and do this one over.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment