Wednesday, February 7, 2024

From Mike in Dec


 This is from a pen pal who is not an exchanger. I brought his address with me to Chicago along with all the other holiday mail that I was going to respond to - and I did not do a single envelope. So, my valentine thank yous for holiday mail will probably be late. Mike is a wizard at Spencerian. 

For some reason - this post, which had no words - did have a link to an article about the origin of the Christmas tree tradition. I've always enjoyed Christmas trees and put a fair amount of time into them when the kids were young. But, once the youngest moved out, I sent the Christmas tree with him. 

A couple years ago, he was out of town for the first week of the new year and I was pet sitting. I decided that the old tree had expired and threw it out after boxing up the ornaments. I assured him that I would buy a new tree - but, I have not done that. 

I'd really like to figure out some kind of alternative tree where he could just pull it out of a box - and all the ornaments were in place.... another good idea that's probably not going to go anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment