Wednesday, February 14, 2024

From Janet in Dec - Newberry - Part 5



I get such a kick out of Janet's enclosures. 
She did her version of MishMash - and has given us another example of how versatile it is. 












***

More Newberry memories:

After the box with the Kleenex box, I swapped that box for another box. The first box was just a simple flat box with a lid. The second box was more like a vertical file and there were smaller pieces in file folders. The librarian handed me a *place keeper* thing ( a piece of heavy card stock ) to use to keep my place when I removed a file folder - so the folders, which were numbered, would be kept in order.

As I went through the box - you can imagine my horror when I found folders that were not only out of order, they were up-side-down - so that the items in the folder fell out and stayed in the box. I gathered my wits - and put everything back in order. Rest assured, when I was finished with that box, I reported to the librarian what I had found and that I had restored order to the box - and raised my eyebrows and sent a telepathic message - "How hard would it be for people to keep things in order." It was another bonding moment. I thought it was important to confirm that one should never assume that a patron is capable of maintaining order. I wonder if I was a librarian in a past life. Or a scribe. 

I'm still on a high from my trip to the Newberry. If anyone is going to be in Chicago - let me know. It would be fun to cross paths with other pen pals.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment