Saturday, July 8, 2023

To JeanR, Chuck and Jessica - in June


In theory, this should have worked. But the curl on the J is too bold and the second stroke of the N is too wimpy. Getting the colors right seemed like a no brainer. Although, it was this one that reminded me that a minor color off a stamp is often times a better choice than the main color. In this case - I started with purple and it was not pleasing. I posted it - and then I removed it. You'll just have to take my word for it that chunky purple lettering does not look good.

OK - here it is. I think I'll remove the photo after a day or two. That's how disappointed I am in how this one came out. Another issue is that the purple ink in the marker and the absorbency of the envelope made the name too intense. Too much ink. If it had been less juicy, it might have been fine.


This one is better - by not using purple - 
and I like the bouncy stamp arrangement better.
Tomorrow will be the end of the June envelopes. Do I keep saying that? 
Talking about what's coming up is not a good use of our time - although I do like a good series that keeps people curious about what's coming. Has anyone ever stayed up until 1 a.m. (my time) to see something that I had promised? I sure hope not. 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment