Monday, July 24, 2023

From Jessica to Jan and Wrigley (The Best Minds)


The rest of the Jan and Wrigley envelopes will pop up as they show up. Jessica drew a train track to go with the train station stamps - good idea - which I plan to appropriate because I still have several of those stamps.

I'm confused about Kate's envelope for Jan  - it was in the folder of *has been posted* but now I can't find it - so here it is. Those two vertical bands are nice *bookends* for the name and address



Here was the silver lining to me forgetting to give Alex and Ben their happy mail while they were visiting. I had completely forgotten to take any photos of all that fun mail. It can be concerning when I forget things like that. Almost concerning enough that if I were being evaluated about my competency and someone asked if I had memory problems - I would say - "Yes. I completely forgot to take photos of my May envelopes that were not actually mine - I have mail sent to me that is for other people." At which point the person evaluating my competency would probably be checking off some boxes that we don't want checked.

Speaking of brain stuff - I listened to a book, The Best Minds by Jonathan Rosen. I have no idea how to describe it -- and hesitate to say I recommend it - but of the 300 people who seem to be reading the blog every day - it might appeal to some of you. This review gives a good overview of the story plus all the other information that is interesting to note. 

https://www.aei.org/articles/his-michael-review-of-the-best-minds-by-jonathan-rosen/


No comments:

Post a Comment