Friday, July 14, 2023

From Amy to Wrigley (scribe on IG)


 Amy went with a fun patriotic theme. I like how she put a description of Wrigley in the banner that goes over he's name. 

 Additional apology today for the jabbering that went on yesterday. I am only two weeks ahead on filling my posts - and that is living a bit closer to the edge than normal. Living on the edge is not my preference. I lean towards a little more planning, pacing, and precautions. So - we'll not put any energy into pondering this - but there might be a few ho-hum posts. Maybe that's a good thing. Maybe it will encourage all of us to get some stuff done. 

There is some lovely work on IG - by a man in Poland - working on a PhD. Does everyone know what PhD stands for. I was amazed to find out that it stands for a Doctor of Philosophy. I felt like a dolt when I realized I had never even wondered what PhD stood for. I felt like that person who was a grown up and said - Oh, look at the blue cardinal - when he was looking at a blue jay. I suppose many of us have some of those tidbits that are common knowledge - but somehow we didn't get the memo. I love that expression.

I'm such a dolt I wasn't even sure that dolt was the right word to be using. It is:

  1. A stupid person; a dunce.
  2. A dull, stupid fellow; a blockhead; a numskull.
  3. A heavy, stupid fellow; a blockhead; a numskull; an ignoramus; a dunce; a dullard.
  4. But I digress. I don't think you can get a PhD in applied art in the US - maybe you can. Does anyone know? 
  5. Oh - I guess I wandered over to his website - and I am on the Titivillus page - we will talk about Titilvillus tomorrow.
  6. https://cislakfilip.com/project/titivillus/  his website
  7. From his website: In 2022 I earned my Ph.D. for the work on methodology and visual systems for teaching calligraphy to graphic design students.
  8. His IG seems to have more examples than his website. I need to find out which college in his university issued the PhD. Sometimes art gets lumped in with other disciplines that seem more PhD-ish. I did find a website that listed places offering PhDs in art. I think I'll bump this information to another post.
  9. https://www.instagram.com/filipcislak/


  10. I object to labeling anyone dull or stupid. We all have different areas where we are more (or less) adept. Maybe dolt is a better word - If anyone has a really polite word for those areas where we are *less* - let me know. 

1 comment:

  1. feckless? I'm enjoying this blog very much, thank you!

    ReplyDelete