Sunday, July 2, 2023

To Cathy/Patty/Mary - skateboard letters


 CathyO sends gorgeous envelopes and I frequently choke when I am working on my own that are going to her. So, while I was working on this idea, I thought it was going to work for her name and I was pretty happy with how I fit the letters together. But after I filled in those first three - I was not thrilled with the direction they were going - and I actually liked the look of this one  just the way it is.

So, I looked for a stamp that went with it - and I like this stamp a lot. It seems like it could have used something - so I didn't end up being wildly excited about it - but, I think it was better to go minimal on these three - rather than keep trying different fill-ins and send myself into a grrrr-ing fit.

Once again, I see potential and I'm thinking I need to paint in the spaces with gouache. So - don't hold your breath - but it could happen. I'll run the last two of this series - and be done with it -- and then move on to the rest of my June envelopes.


Patty's name is a bit too long for this size envelope. It would probably work on a no. 10 envelope.
Mary's is pretty good - that's a good number of letters to fit in. As I recall, I penciled these. Not a really tight penciling - just a rough idea of how the letters were going to fit together.



1 comment:

  1. I love them all! I really like my July envelope from you as well!

    ReplyDelete