Thursday, July 27, 2023

From Kate to Ben - hearing aid info


Grrrr - at the postal worker who needed to slash this very fun and colorful envelope. It made me wonder what kids born in 2013 and 2015 would think of Tweety and Sylvester cartoons. Or Roadrunner. Or all the rest of the cartoons that the boomers grew up on. We can remember how *ancient* Steamboat Willie seemed. Maybe I can find some old cartoons and see what they have to say about them. Of course - that will depend on figuring out how to watch them. Watching has become very complicated when I am at their house - which is where I will be seeing them. I think their devices respond to voice commands. I guess we can try that. This whole voice command stuff does not set well with me.

And if someone suggests that blue-tooth hearing aids are a good idea - be prepared for some chaos. MrWilson has them - and they synch with his phone - which synchs with his vehicle - and they synch with the TV in the house - so when I call him - I can never get through. He has to call me - after he figures out what kind of message is entering his head and where it is coming from -  and that he has missed a call. He can tell there are *voices* talking to him - but he is not sure where they are coming from. And the voices can come through walls. After hearing voices in the garage - he figured out he was hearing the sound from the TV.

1 comment:

  1. My nephews age 14, 10 and 8 all love Tom and Jerry. They watch them on Amazon Prime.

    ReplyDelete