Friday, July 28, 2023

To Irene and Grace in July.


This was one of my favorites from a series. Rachael did something like this using wavy lines and I just loved it. She sent me a page with lots of writing in this style so I had a steal-a-thon. If you are doing several lines, they look better if they are wavy. But, I wanted to see if I could do something I liked with straight lines. 

Below is the last one I did - where I wondered how it would be to do very few letters in that style but with several colors. It might have been fine if I had not tilted the g and if the E had been a lower case e. 

Summer is chaotic. I was heading out of town so I had to get my 20 exchange envelopes done fast. One thing I think uses up extra time is when I just write the names - then I go back and write the addresses and put the stamps on. Then I go through the stack and write the return address on the back - and insert something to give the envelope some support. 

This time - I used all the self control I cold muster to do the entire envelope - name/address/stamp/insert/seal it - before I allowed myself to start the next envelope. I did 11 in the first sitting. That is very unusual. Then I did the last 9 in one sitting. Also unusual. I'm going to try this system  again in August to see if it is truly an efficient system. 

The verdict is still out on whether or not the envelopes are getting better.



 This is the tail end of a series and it has a couple *deeply regrets.* The e should have been lower case and the g should have been upright. 
I put a light gray drop shadow on this one after I photographed it - so here is the improved version.





1 comment: