Wednesday, July 19, 2023

From Lynne to Wrigley


 Lynne remembers to use Weaver Writing - that's the style of lettering. It's one that I have done - but always forget to use. Gwen Weaver came to Des Moines - many years ago - and taught both Weaver Writing and her Rascally Romans - two very fun styles. I'm tempted to get my nibs and ink out right now - and practice so I'm ready for the August exchange....


***
The followup to yesterday - when I was talking about *glimmer* being a new buzz word that we might be hearing.... was that I had sifted through all my handmade books and gotten rid of half of them. I got rid of the blank ones and kept the ones I have written in. When I was taking all the book making classes, I was the only one who wrote in my books - and I mostly wrote a series of quotes. 

There were so many that I had forgotten about and there was one in particular that I wanted to put on the blog. Of course, I might not be able to find it - but if I do - the whole point is that people have been saying the same thing f.o.r.e.v.e.r.  

I'm in one of my existential quandaries. I don't want to just dish out drivel every day - but, I still love doing the blog as well as the exchanges. So -- hopefully I'll find the book of quotes - maybe they would be a good series.

1 comment:

  1. I love a good quote. When we were kids my dad used to read to us around the breakfast table from a book called, "Uncle Ben's Quotebook" by De Jong. You would probably like it.

    ReplyDelete