Saturday, July 15, 2023

From Chuck to Jan+Wrigley (Titivillus)


Here is Chuck's June troll.  No - it's a gnome. I wonder how many times I have called them trolls. Geesh. Apologies to Chuck as well as gnomes and trolls. Or maybe they are kindred spirits.

OK. Here is someone who is definitely NOT a kindred spirit. Titivillus. And good luck with pronouncing that name. I've heard it pronounced at least three different ways. So - if anyone knows -shoot me an email. 

Or we can see what Wiki says. We have to go to Wiki for the story. 

Well, that's odd. I do not see a pronunciation guide. What's with that?

I love the story - and I love it so much I am not going to give a brief overview. It is not a long story - check it out:

His cousin is the Printer's Devil. There is a link at Wiki.

Did any readers take Latin? I'd like to know which pronunciation works with the Latin rules.
Or is Latin full of exceptions?

By Filip Ciślak
I like that spelling of Philip.
I like that I know how to put in this version of ś.
You just hold down the key and your options pop up.


***
This cute card was inside the envelope from Amy to Jan - that I posted yesterday




 

No comments:

Post a Comment